A message and update from Christain Aid
A huge thank you
The Giving In Thanks for our Vaccines appeal has raised over £12,000 from communities within the Diocese of Gloucester and the Gloucestershire Methodist Circuit. Across the country this has added to over £200,000 being donated since it launched in February.
These donations are supporting Christian Aid’s response to the coronavirus pandemic in affected communities around the world. With so many generous donations we have now been able to expand our work to do more in India, where the situation is dire. More than 200,000 lives have been lost to the pandemic, hospitals are overrun and oxygen supplies are falling short of demand.
We have been providing life-saving information on how to prevent catching or spreading coronavirus and helping people to access vital welfare and healthcare. We have also handed out food to families struggling to feed their families and distributed masks to help keep them safe.
Thanks to your support our local partners in India we will be responding to the crisis by:
- Creating awareness around vaccination, Covid safety protocols and healthy behaviours
- Providing transportation for infected people in rural areas to access hospitals
- Providing food rations and in some cases cooked food if the whole family is affected
- Setting up quarantine centres with basic facilities
- Providing PPE, hygiene kits and medical supplies
The need is great, and the more we raise, with gifts in thanks for our own vaccines, the more we can do to keep the world’s most vulnerable people safe from coronavirus.
Any amount small or big makes a huge difference. Please do give what you can by donating here.